Positions of Finance Senior Executive/Assistant Manager
Looking for a motivated and hardworking individual who will be involved in budgeting and managing of the funds allocated by the grantors. He/She will also be responsible for ensuring financial planning and analysis of the various special projects and grants. He/She will provide administrative support to the management to ensure smooth operations of the Centre.
- Perform budget planning and allocation for the Centre/Institute.
- Review the performance of the Centre/Institute against the budget.
- Manage the accounting work of projects as well as ensure timely closure and refunds to grantors upon project completion.
- Work closely with principal investigators and grantors for prompt submission of claims and disbursements of grants.
- Liaise with auditors for certification of audit report for submission to grantors as required.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for management and Board.
- Provide the support in the implementation of internal audit recommendations where applicable.
- Responsible and ensure that internal controls are in place.
- Work closely with Office of Financial Services.
- Participate in special projects and assignments as may be directed from time to time such as overseeing the finance of the other research centers
- Oversee day to day financial transactions and operations of the Centre
- Possess a degree, preferably in Accountancy, Business Administration, or equivalent, awarded by a recognized university
- Must have relevant working experience as a Chartered Accountant (Singapore)
- Familiar with SAP Financial system is an advantage.
- Good knowledge and application of Microsoft Office and MS Excel
- Able to communicate well (spoken and written) across all levels
- Proactive and resourceful
- Able to work independently and a good team player
- Possess maturity and interpersonal skills
- IT competencies and interest are an advantage
Interested applicants are invited to email a detailed curriculum vitae and the names/contact information of two referees to email@example.com
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Publications Manager/Senior Publications Executive/Editor (2 Year Contract)
CIL produces a range of publications, including books, monographs, journal articles, commentaries, policy papers, reports, website and social media content. The Publications Manager is responsible for high-level editing, copy-editing and proof-reading CIL’s academic products. He/She must be detail-oriented and comfortable working with non-native English writers, and possess good communication skills. The Publications Manager is also responsible for managing and coordinating the publication process, negotiating with publishers, preparing publication proposals, polish-editing and finalizing manuscripts for publication. He/She will be expected to take on any other tasks assigned by the Director and Associate Director, including routine copy-editing, and related administrative duties. The Publications Manager needs to ensure work processes comply with NUS regulations and be able to meet tight deadlines and budget requirements. Background in legal academic work and experience in information management and publicity, while useful, are not essential.
The applicant should possess a good degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences or the Humanities with three to four years of relevant work experience. He/She should have the following:
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to edit professionally at a high level for an academic audience
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle both print and digital media
- Strong organizational and research skills