CIL Selected Documents
CIL’s selected documents on International Maritime Crimes are essential reference material on piracy and other maritime crimes. Click here or on the icon below to download the selected documents in PDF format.
Selected Internet Resources on National Implementation of Global Conventions on Maritime Crimes
1. Overview on National Law and Treaties
Examples of Legislation on Treaty Ratification and Implementation:
Information on Treaty Ratification and Implementation in Selected Countries:
- Robert Beckman, “The Role of Scientists, Experts and Stakeholders in the Law-Making Process in Singapore”
2. Overview on Conventions Applicable to International Maritime Crimes
- Robert Beckman, “Cooperation to Combat ‘Piracy’ in Southeast Asia”, paper presented at the International Seminar on Law of the Sea, 4-6 April 2012, Bandung, Indonesia. To download Prof Beckman’s presentation in PDF format, click here.
- Robert Beckman and Tara Davenport, “Enhancing Regional Cooperation on Piracy and Maritime Crimes”, Paper Presented at the International Conference on Co-operation in Dealing with Non-Traditional Security Issues in the South China Sea: Seeking More Effective Means, 21 – 22 May 2010, Haikou, China.
3. National Legislation Databases
- UNODC Database of National Legislation (A very useful resource for terrorism and other crime related legislation)
- World Legal Information Institute
- UNDOALOS Website of National Legislation
4. Materials on the 1979 International Convention against the Taking of Hostages (Hostage Taking Convention)
Legislation implementing the Hostage Taking Convention in Selected Countries:
5. Materials on the 1988 Convention for the Suppression of Unlawful Acts against the Safety of Maritime Navigation (SUA 1988)
Legislation implementing SUA 1988 in Selected Countries:
- Singapore: Maritime Offences Act of 2003
6. Materials on the 1999 Convention for the Suppression of the Financing of Terrorism (TFC 1999)
Legislation implementing TFC 1999: