TRILA Indonesia Webinar: Towards Publication 2020
INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE
Please note: this webinar is limited to participants who are scholars and faculty from Indonesia.
CIL TRILA team is delighted to collaborate with our Indonesian colleagues from the Faculty of Law of Universitas Indonesia, and the Indonesian Society of International Law Lecturers/ISILL in organising a TRILA Indonesia webinar via Zoom from 1 to 3 July 2020. The TRILA Indonesia Workshop was originally scheduled to take place in March 2020 but was postponed due to the pandemic. The purpose of this webinar is to cover, at least in part, some of the topics that were included in the original Workshop. This webinar is one of a series of country-specific programmes that are part of the `TRILA on the Road’ project which aims to advance the agenda set in the 2018 TRILA Singapore Conference. During this Conference, scholars from Asia and throughout the world met to discuss crucial issues on teaching methods, materials for teaching international law in Asia, enhancement of teaching skills, and the development of a research culture that fosters scholarship and publication.
Continuing the tradition of ‘TRILA on the Road’ project, this webinar will explore some of the above issues in the context of Indonesia. Specifically, it aims to:
- discuss challenges in teaching international law in Indonesia, and teaching methodologies
- provide guidance on writing for publication, which includes an introduction to methodology and scholarship, practical advice on the varieties of scholarship, how to respond to peer reviewers’ comments, and how to target appropriate journals for publication
- serve as a platform for young Indonesian scholars to present their current research projects and receive comments from senior scholars.
To enable greater degree of engagement between the speakers and the participants, the maximum number of participants shall be limited to 30. Further, to encourage exchange of ideas and better interaction, all participants are requested to have functional cameras and microphones to join the discussion.
- Dr Irawati Handayani (Faculty of Law, Universitas Padjadjaran)
- Professor Hikmahanto Juwanah (Faculty of Law, Universitas Indonesia)
- Professor Sigit Riyanto (Faculty of Law, Universitas Gadjah Mada)
- Assistant Professor Arie Afriansyah (Faculty of Law, Universitas Indonesia)
- Professor Tony Anghie (Centre for International Law, National University of Singapore)
The call for papers is now closed.
However, there are still a number of positions available for teachers and scholars who wish to participate as non-presenters and to attend the sessions focussed on preparing for publication and teaching. If you are interested to apply for a participant position, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to the ISILL team (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 19 June. Selected participants will be informed by e-mail thereafter.
This webinar is free for all selected participants.
For general enquiries, please send an e-mail to Mr Amiel Valdez (email@example.com).