TRILA Viet Nam Workshop 2021 (via Zoom)
Invitation to Participate and Call for Abstracts
Note: this workshop is limited to scholars and practitioners from Viet Nam
About the workshop
The NUS Centre for International Law, International Law Faculty (Ho Chi Minh City University of Law), Faculty of Economic Law (University of Economics and Law, Viet Nam National University) are delighted to host an online workshop via Zoom from 7 to 8 April 2021 on ‘Teaching and Researching International Law in Asia (TRILA)’. This workshop is the sixth — following Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Indonesia, and Malaysia — in the series of country-specific programmes that are part of the ‘TRILA on the Road’. These programmes are intended to advance the agenda set in the 2018 TRILA Singapore Conference, the outcome of which is now contained in the 2020 TRILA Project Report. As a project, TRILA aims to change the historical condition in which Asian societies only played a relatively minor role, i.e., as rule-taker rather than rule-maker, in the making of modern international law. To change this condition, it is imperative for Asian scholars, practitioners, officials and diplomats to be highly skilled and knowledgeable in understanding and shaping a continuously changing international law environment.
TRILA Viet Nam Workshop aims to:
- Discuss the challenges and issues in international law teaching and researching in Viet Nam and other ASEAN countries
- Explore and discuss teaching materials, methods, assessments, and formulation of syllabus
- Discuss writing for publication, research methods, and varieties of scholarship
- Serve as a platform for selected young Vietnamese scholars to present their current research projects.
This workshop is free and by selection only. To enable a greater degree of engagement between the speakers and the participants, the maximum number of participants shall be limited to 30. Applicants must register their interest via the online form below and submit the following:
- CV or resume, and
- a brief statement as to why he or she wishes to participate in TRILA Viet Nam Workshop.
Electronic certificates will be issued to participants who are present in the entire workshop.
Submission of abstracts and application for selection as presenters
A limited number of places are available for scholars wishing to present their works in progress. If you wish to be considered for one of these positions, please send in the materials required for registration as well as an abstract of not more than 300 words. The organisers welcome research works relating to all topics of international law.
- 1 April 2021: deadline for submission of all applications (presenters and non-presenters)
- 5 April 2021: successful applicants will be informed by e-mail.
Format of the discussion
TRILA workshops follow a bottom-up approach. We want the workshop to be interactive. To encourage exchange of ideas and better interaction, all participants are encouraged to raise their questions and comments through their cameras and microphones.
Should you have any questions, please send an e-mail to TRILA team (email@example.com).
Registration is Closed